Follow HaikuPrajna by email or social media

Blog Navigation

Saturday

20210501

Loss becomes lessons,\ leaving beautiful places,\ departures lessened.

Transformed Memories

We have been coping with a loss in the family this week. Finding it difficult to write something new that encapsulates something that, for me, is cemented in the past, also to write an online eulogy as a way to pay respect to those memories. I enjoy thinking about the memories, so capturing them through some form of art and\or sharing them with loved ones is how I am dealing with this incredible difficulty. 

Here's a part from "Spearthrower", the rough draft of "Fishing for Caribou";

Barb said, “We grieve because of the loss of an opportunity to exchange information, but the change is natural, and our grief transforms into a lesson that lessens our suffering. My father lives on, as we speak, through our mourning of him. He has changed and has not simply disappeared. While I mourn for what I have lost, I have learned where it can be found. Therefore, my loss has changed, too, into something more alike to departing from a beautiful place than the permanent loss of a material object.”

Otherwise at a loss for words.

Thank you. I love you. Always and forever will be part of me, like the rest of my loved ones.

Allen and April.


1 comment:

Popular Posts

Most Viewed