Follow HaikuPrajna by email or social media

Wednesday

20210922 - Review: Fahrenheit 451

 

Rising from the ash,\ an idea immortalized.\ The burning of books.
#HAIKUPRAJNA - Review: Fahrenheit 451

"... Now, may I make you angry again?" "Go ahead." 


I have read Fahrenheit 451 many times, so I'm surprised at my lack of a review. The topic of burning books, for me, is synonymous with death and the transcendence of ideas; Beatty was always a step ahead of Montag because Beatty incorporated the things he burned into his system, where Montag was at first unable to do so, until he had burned Beatty into his mind. 

I'm numb, he thought. When did the numbness really begin in my face? In my body? 

Ray Bradbury's rigorous display of the literary tradition of ideas in and of themselves underlies his understanding of how we as a collective of people are handled. 

"There are too many of us, he thought. There are billions of us and that's too many. Nobody knows anyone. Strangers come and violate you. Strangers come and cut your heart out. Strangers come and take your blood. Good God, who were those men? I never saw them before in my life!"

Half of my ebook is highlighted. One of my favorites, and I have learned to enjoy it even more after subsequent reads and after reading more between each time.

The most important single thing we had to pound into ourselves was that we were not important, we mustn't be pedants; we were not to feel superior to anyone else in the world.


These Goodreads poems will be collected in a future edition of the HaikuPrajna Collection. More can be found on my Book Reviews page: https://haikuprajna.blogspot.com/p/goodreads-book-reviews.html

Add me as a friend on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/19557396.Allen_W_McLean


"Escape Perennial City" eBook, paperback and hardcover are now available through Amazon and on Kindle apps and devices, read with Kindle Unlimited: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B099C5LJ6W


Thank you for reading.

Until next time,

Allen W. McLean


For more bite-sized insights from HaikuPrajna and Electric Armchair, including free reading promotions on books, please subscribe by email or follow on social media: https://haikuprajna.blogspot.com/p/follow-on-social-media.html

We're on Goodreads, Reddit, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and more.

If you've read this, please share your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Most Viewed