Follow HaikuPrajna by email or social media

Blog Navigation

Thursday

20201217 - "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland"

 

HaikuPrajna

Down a rabbit-hole / to the land of consumption. / Shrink, grow, and escape. ("Alice's Adventures in Wonderland")


Hello good readers,

The script for the second HaikuPrajna Collection is officially out of my hands! Some would say this means that "SM-SARA, Poems and Other Stories" has gone gold (I think I made this joke before). A few more steps until we have a solid release date, aiming for January 2021. Hope to have an official announcement tomorrow, and pre-release material later this week, so please follow this blog to be informed!

Goodreads #MyYearInBooks! Today's book is Lewis Carroll's "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland". I have been familiar with this story my whole life, but this was my first time reading the book. The nonsense of plot elements masks a curious depth of excessive meaning. I believe the way the reader interprets the logic and word play is what is important with this story, rather than what Carroll or anyone else thought. Alice's interpretations and experiences are just as subjective as the reader's. That is what I like about "Wonderland", it is almost a stimulus test in the form of a whimsical-yet-cutthroat short story. 


My Goodreads' 2020 #MyYearInBooks can be seen here: https://www.goodreads.com/user/year_in_books/2020/83965332


Previews of the upcoming "SM-SARA" HaikuPrajna Collection can be found here:  https://haikuprajna.blogspot.com/p/sm-sara.html


While I pitch my first novel, "Perennial City", the full first chapter along with rough-chapter previews can be found here: https://haikuprajna.blogspot.com/p/perennial-city.html











Thank you for reading.

Until next time,

Allen W. McLean


Please follow this blog via email by clicking the "Subscribe" button at the top of the page (or like us on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram) to see more of these bite-sized insights, AND so that you can read these projects as they are being produced!

Linktr.ee/HaikuPrajna

Linktr.ee/ElectricArmchair

Books, art, music, poetry, prompts and a whole lot more from me and April (@electricarmchair)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Most Viewed