Follow HaikuPrajna by email or social media

Blog Navigation

Thursday

20201231 - "The War of the Worlds"

HaikuPrajna
Advanced invasion,/ the helpless masses. Ended/ with a pathogen.
("The War of the Worlds")


Happy New Year's Eve! What a year 2020 has been; all anyone can do is hope for a better 2021. 

I did Top Nine for Instagram in celebration, and I took a screenshot of my 2020 Goodreads grid. Through everything that has happened this year, books and family have been my grounding. 

We're on the final seven of #MyYearInBooks; going to be honest, don't feel quite right posting haiku today and tomorrow, and maybe even for the rest of these Goodreads books, but I cannot dissuade myself one way or the other, so I'm just going to keep on trucking through and chalk it up to 2020-fatigue. 

Today is on "The War of the Worlds" by H.G. Wells. I always enjoyed the idea of Mars being a grim prediction of the Earth's future, and Wells' story captures this greatly. The Martians had evolved to require their machines due to their increased intelligence, but decreased physicality. The greatest part of the story, something which was retained by the Tom Cruise Hollywood adaptation, was the Martian's susceptibility to pathogens.

Imagine if they had decided to invade during covid-19!




My Goodreads' 2020 #MyYearInBooks can be seen here: https://haikuprajna.blogspot.com/p/goodreads-myyearinbooks.html


Previews of the upcoming "SM-SARA" HaikuPrajna Collection can be found here:  https://haikuprajna.blogspot.com/p/sm-sara.html


While I pitch my first novel, "Perennial City", the full first chapter along with rough-chapter previews can be found here: https://haikuprajna.blogspot.com/p/perennial-city.html



Thank you for reading.

Until next time,

Allen W. McLean


Please follow this blog via email by clicking the "Subscribe" button at the top of the page (or like us on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram) to see more of these bite-sized insights, AND so that you can read these projects as they are being produced!

Linktr.ee/HaikuPrajna

Linktr.ee/ElectricArmchair

Books, art, music, poetry, prompts and a whole lot more from me and April (@electricarmchair)!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Most Viewed